Oscar Juicers are pioneers in single auger juicing technology. These are the original and best single auger style juicers. Many imitations have been made, but Oscar Juicers are still made witht the best parts - they are the strongest and most reliable; not surprising that they offer the best guarentee!
What is a single auger juicer?
Single auger juicers use a very gentle process to extract juice from your fruits and vegetables. It is a cold press method using a screw and drum that crush and press fruit and veg while extracting juice.
Masticating juicers vs centrifugal juicers
Single auger juicers such as the Oscar Juicers are referred to as masticating juicers. Mass market stores generally only stock centrifugal juicers - these juicers finely grate the fruit and veg; they then use a fast spinning motion and sieve to extract the juice. This process damages enzymes and oxidises your juices. A masticating juicer therefore yields a much healthier 'living' juice.
This is one of the first questions people ask when they call about our juicers. The main differences are:
- The Oscar DA1000 & Classic extract 3-5% more juice than the DA900
- The DA1000 & Classic have pressure adjustment settings, the DA900 doesn't.
- The DA1000 & Classic are made of stronger parts
- The DA1000 & Classic have a longer warranty (5 yrs on front end as opposed to 2. Both have 20 yrs on the motor).
- The DA900 has optional oil extractor and slicing attachments, the DA1000 doesn't.
- All three Oscar Juicers come with pasta attachments.
Can you juice wheatgrass with an Oscar Juicer?
Yes - the Oscar DA900, DA1000 and the new Oscar Classic Juicer are great for juicing wheatgrass or any other leafy greens.